Water Damage in Boynton Beach
Boynton Beach sits just south of the well-known Palm Beach in Florida. Water damage in sea-level areas is all too common. With tropical storms and consistent moisture levels, commercial and residential properties are constantly susceptible to water damage. Many have had warped floors, corroded metal, and mold growth on walls and other appliances. We’ve compiled a number of tips to consider when dealing with water damage.
- Avoid using a vacuum cleaner to remove water.
- Do not use electrical appliances of any kind if the floor is wet.
- Turn off electricity before entering rooms with standing water.
- Use fans to move the air about and assist drying.
- Remove water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe furniture dry.
- Lift curtains off carpet, loop through a coat hanger and hook the hanger over the curtain rod.
- Prop up wet cushions to dry evenly and place aluminum foil under furniture legs to keep moisture at bay.
- Remove area rugs
- Open all doors and windows for drying purposes.