Water Damage Restoration and Repair Tips for West Palm Beach
West Palm Beach is certainly at risk for water damage given its location and climate. At ServiceMaster Cleaning & Restoration we’ve seen the effects of water damage disaster throughout the West Palm Beach area and the heartache it can bring when your residential or commercial property has been severely damaged and requires water removal, significant repairs, and disaster restoration. If you require emergency disaster restoration services in or around West Palm Beach please contact us to help!
We offer the following services:
A while back, we provided Boynton Beach water damage tips for both commercial and residential needs. For our West Palm Beach locals, we’ve compiled a few more tips, expanding on those previously discussed in that water restoration article:
- Mop and blot floors to remove as much water as possible. If there is also fire damage be careful not to compress soot into fabrics.
- Use dehumidifiers if the temperature outside rises above 60 degrees.
- To aid in drying, open all windows, doors, and drawers.
- Move cherished items like photos, paintings, or other art objects to a dry, safe place.
- Remove wet fabrics and textiles like bedding, tapestries, etc. and dry them properly as soon as possible. Hang leather and fur separately and let dry at room temperature.
- Let books dry by removing them from shelves and spreading out as best as possible.
Please let us know if you have any questions and we’ll be happy to help.